NAMM Posts Schedule For "Public Day"
One thing most musicians have in common is the dream of attending a NAMM show. Yessir, that's where you want to be to see the latest gear, witness new musical ideas being launched and to rub elbows with other who share the "Live to Play, Play to Live" passion. This year, Summer NAMM in Nashville will open it's doors to the general public on Saturday July 14th from 10AM to 4PM. For just $10 (advance sale price, $15 after June 28) you can spend the day with other music enthusiasts and get a rare look at new music-making technologies and attend a variety of interactive musician workshops, including one led by our very own Richard Gilewitz. That alone is worth the price of admission, but if you need more reasons to attend,take a look at the schedule below. But first, a couple of videos we shot at last years SUMMER NAMM:
9:15 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Richard Gilewitz, Fingerstyle Guitarist, Foundation Lounge, Room 210
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- World’s Fastest Drummer preliminary competition / Level 1, East Lobby
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- “Haiti 10 - Faith, Love and Music” / Idea Center Booth 837, Level 1
- How to Use a Work Station in a studio setting / Room 102, Level 1
- 10 Best Social Networking Sites for Marketing to Fans / Room 211, Level 2
- Win a Digital Record Deal with Guitar Player Records / Room 214, Level 2
- Sticks 'n' Skins - The Sessions / Idea Center Booth 837, Level 1
- Ergo We Play performs (SchoolJam USA winners) / Foundation Lounge, Rm. 210
- Ukedelics Perform / Exhibit Hall Acoustic Stage
- New TC-Helicon Vocal Effects for the Acoustic Singer / Songwriter / Room 102, L1
- Live Sound Basics / Room 207, Level 2
- 10 Ways to Make Better Sounding Recordings / Room 211, Level 2
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Ukulele Circle hands-on demo / Foundation Lounge, Room 210
- So, You Want To Be a Session Player panel discussion/ Room 208, Level 2
- 10 Tips for Effective Pre-Production / Room 211, Level 2
- Live Sound Tips & Tricks / Room 207, Level 2
1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Ukedelics Perform / Foundation Lounge, Room 210
- The Psychology of Producing Hit Songs / Idea Center Booth 837, L1
- GigEasy Demo with Darren Kramer / Room 102, Level 1
- 10 Elements of a Hit Song / Room 211, Level 2
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- World’s Fastest Drummer Competition Finals / Level 1 East Lobby
- Drum Circle hands-on demo / Level 3, East Lobby
- 10 Ways to Exploit Facebook for Success / Room 211, Level 2